MVC Controls Toolkit is a complete set of advanced server controls for
MVC 2-4 ranging from a templated edit-on line datagrid to date-picker and custom formatted textboxes, supporting client validation and
globalization. MVC Controls Toolkit makes it easier to define new complex controls for MVC without defining custom binders to read back the input from the Controls because each
control enables the MVC engine to call its own handler to bind properly the input to the view model. Thus, there is no need to adapt the controller to a
control or to define ad hoc controllers.
Main object of the project
Enabling MVC programmers to implements rich user interfaces without renouncing to the separation of concerns between the View Model that defines just What data to display and the View that defines
How to display those data: in particular in no case the choice on how to display data in a View must force the programmer to change the View Model.
We reached big results and the Mvc Controls Toolkit is at the moment the more famous complete free controls suite available for Asp.net Mvc. We are the first ones on Google under
the keyword: Mvc Controls. If the Mvc Controls Toolkit was useful to you
boost your development buying its Data Moving Plug-in:
2013-09-01. Data Moving Plug-in, new Single Page Application View Engine.
the current release is compatible with jquery 1.9.1, however
you must use the more recent version of the following files: jquery.unobtrusive-ajax(last), jquery.validate.unobtrusive (last), jquery.validate-1.11.1, and knockout-2.2.1(new
knockout package available in the download area).
2013-03-22. The data Moving Plugin is in its RC stage and will be released to the market within within the end of April. Take a trip into its amazing features :
Mvc Controls Toolkit Features:
- All controls and validation attributes support culture
globalization of dates and numbers, and support both server-side and client-side validation (see
Validation Settings section).
- Compatible with both Mvc 2, Mvc 3, Mvc4;
- Client side ViewModell automatically synchronzed with the server ViewModel that can be bound to UI elements. See here.
- Client-Side Templates for creating rich UI at a low BandWidth price,
- Support for Theming. See here.
- Items Controls
- Collections Support Controls
- Layout Manipulation Controls
- Simple Controls
- Data Annotations and Validation Attributes with full support for client side validation and globalization
- Action Filters and View Results
- Controls code appears only in the Views not in the Controllers, thus keeping separation of concerns between View (How to display) and controller (What to display)
- When possible multi-parts controls are not rendered as a single piece, but the View designer has the freedom to display its parts separately whererever he prefers. Moreover, the View designer has the possibility to render only the parts
it needs, if this makes sense.
- Defining new controls with the same features of the pre-defined controls is straightforward, see here.