MVC4Toolkit

Feb 26, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Where does one get the source code for the MVC4ControlsToolkit? I'm having a hard time using the nuget packages because the exceptions being returned aren't very descriptive. So I wanted to use the source code instead. However, the only source code I can find on CodePlex is for versions 2 and 3 (MVC2ControlsToolkit and MVC3ControlsToolkit), and not version 4.
Coordinator
Feb 26, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Mvc4toolkit is just mvc3toolkit compiled with a reference to the mvc4 dlls instead of the mvc 3 dlls. Anyway,if you think some errors are not explicative, please report your feedback to us so we can improve them
Feb 27, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Edited Feb 27, 2013 at 2:40 PM
A bit related question: When will the 2.4 release be ready? On the homepage is stated "a few days", but in the source history is not much activity since the 2.3 release.

edit: another announcement is from november: http://www.dotnet-programming.com/post/2012/11/14/Data-Moving-Plug-in.aspx which makes it hard to understand what "a few days" would be.
Coordinator
Feb 27, 2013 at 8:53 PM
7-10 days and we will publish the 2.4 release of the Mvc Controls Toolkit+the videos about the RC of the data-moving plugin we announced.The Data Moving Plugin will be available for purchase after more 20 days.
The release of the data moving plugin was delayed because of feedback of the companies withch elped us in the betatesting that suggested to improve the styling options. Now the data moving plugin is compatible also with jquery mobile and can be customized to include other stylinfg ramewotks
Feb 28, 2013 at 6:57 AM
Thanx for the update!