Separation

Nov 13, 2014 at 5:03 PM
Have you ever thought about separating out your library into smaller projects?

More specifically, I think you should divide up the Custom Controls into a library that's separate from the Templating/Client Block code.

I say this because even if somebody doesn't want to use your Grid, Sortable List, DataFilter, etc., I still see those same people getting a lot of value out of your Templating/Client Block/Bindings code. I also think that because of this, you could get a lot more people wanting to use the library, as they can just use the more lightweight portion to address a lot of the problems people have with not wanting weakly-typed code in their markup.

Just my two cents.
Coordinator
Nov 14, 2014 at 3:50 PM
Edited Nov 14, 2014 at 3:50 PM
Javascript files are already separated. About dlls, we already moved all DataAnnotations on a different dll(and Nuget Package) that may be installed also in a business layer (that might benefit of Validation attributes). Simple controls(TypedTextBoxes, etc.) are integrated in both client and server template engines that cretae ad hod code for them.
We might consider moving just TreeView/Grid/sortableList and other minor controls in a different dll and different Nuget packages...
Creating different Codeplex projects...is not a godd Idea, instead(for marketing reasons mainly).