Dual Select Search

Nov 30, 2011 at 9:04 AM

Hi, Is it possible to add a search/filter textbox in Dual Select on each collection to work with large collection of data?

Coordinator
Nov 30, 2011 at 9:44 AM

I think two search boxes would be very usefull. I can't add this feature to the upcoming 1.6 realeas that will be available in a couple of days, but I will add your proposal to the task of the 1.7 release.

Nov 30, 2011 at 10:05 AM

Thanks, It ll really help me.

May I know any expected time for 1.7 release.

Coordinator
Nov 30, 2011 at 10:13 AM

Consider release 1.6 will be available or today or tomorrow. Then I schedule new releases each 3-4 weeks.

Anyway I will sent you a pre-release as soon as I have the feature implemented

Nov 30, 2011 at 10:22 AM

Thanks !! 

I'll wait.

Coordinator
Nov 30, 2011 at 11:18 PM

You are lucky. It was easy for me to add this feature to the 1.6 release, so you will have it within 24/48 hours. Actually the search box just causes a reordering of all items. The items "more similar" to the few character inserted are put first. It is enough to insert some chars contained in the word in the right order. For instance you can be able to find New York by typing just "ny", "nw", "ne" and so on

Coordinator
Dec 1, 2011 at 3:18 PM

The feature you required is already available in the new release. Let me know, if it was usefull for you.If you like it and like the Mvc Controls Toolkit...pls take some time to give me a 5 star review both on codeplex and on nuget.

Dec 2, 2011 at 8:21 AM

It is helpful.

I ll def. put a 5 star on nuget and codeplex.

Thanks !